Rice Paper Dumplings with Barley Grass & Peanut Dip
- Vegetarian - Gluten Free - Vegan
Preparation time: 60 minutes - Difficulty: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus a little more to finish
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 medium carrots, finely grated
- 200 g cauliflower, finely chopped
- 6 medium brown mushrooms, cleaned and finely sliced
- 1 piece ginger freshly grated, about 1 tsp
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 strips of red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 16 pieces rice paper
- 1 tbspbarley grass juice powder
Peanut dip - put all ingredients in sealing jar and shake well !:
- 2 tbsp peanut cream crunchy
- 1 tsp apple or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- pinch sea salt
- sesame light & black, barley grass strips (home grown)
Heat the oil in a wok pan on medium heat and briefly sauté all the ingredients one by one, deglaze with the soy sauce, continue to sauté for about 5-8 min while stirring and then transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool.
Only then stir in the barley grass juice powder and season with salt & pepper.
Prepare rice paper & dumplings:
Put hot water in a shallow bowl or pan and soak the rice paper- one by one in it until soft- about 5 sec.
Don't let it soak too long as it will still soak.
Place the elastic paper on a flat plate or simply on a clean kitchen towel.
Place 1.5 tbsp of the filling in the center of the soaked rice paper and fold in the edges to make a rectangular packet.
Wrap the packet in a 2nd rice paper, open fold side down, double wrapping will not let the dumplings tear during frying.
In this way, gradually wrap all the packets and place them not too close to each other on a plate.
Now heat a large non-stick frying pan, add a little olive oil to the pan so that the bottom is covered and once the oil is hot, fry the dumplings until golden brown and crispy on both sides, use more oil if necessary.
Drain on paper towels and garnish with sesame seeds and barley grass strips and serve with peanut dip.
Grow your own barley grass:
Soak 1 tablespoon barley in water overnight.
Fill a small bowl with growing soil, strain the barley, place on top of the soil and spray the seeds daily with a spray bottle.
It is best to place in a bright spot on the windowsill. After about 5-8 days it sprouts fresh green.