Fresh grain porridge with maca powder & sprouts
- Lactose Free - Vegan Option - Gluten Free Option**
Preparation time: 60 minutes - Difficulty: easy
- 3 tbsp cereals (spelt,wheat,barley,rye)-no oats as they become bitter
- ** buckwheat, millet, quinoa, amaranth
- 2 tbsp tiger nut flour (chufas)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 small banana
- 1 small apple
- some lemon juice
- 1 orange or grapefruit
- approx 50 ml cream or *oat cream
- fresh raspberries or other fruit
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- sprouts homegrown or bought
Freshly grind the cereal grains on a coarse setting (ground) in a grain mill, thermomix or coffee grinder and place in a deep plate - do not stock grind !
Mix with enough cold water to make a stiff porridge, cover and soak at room temperature overnight ( 5-12 hrs ).
Preparation in the morning:
Wash a small or half apple, grate finely with peel and core and pour over the cereal porridge, add a little lemon juice, mix with cream and stir in the maca & tiger nut powder.
Add a little more water depending on your consistency preference.
Peel the orange & banana, cut into small pieces, add and top with raspberries, almonds, coconut, sprouts and cinnamon.
The fresh grain porridge can of course be eaten at any time of day and complements a healthy fresh diet.