Golden milk - aspermills turmeric latte with honey
Preparation time: 10 min - Difficulty: easy
- Vegan option - Gluten free - Lactose free
- 300 ml milk or any vegetable drink
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 piece ginger root, peeled & finely grated (about 2 cm in size)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Sweetening option: honey, maple or agave syrup
First, bring turmeric and ginger to a boil with 100 ml of water in a small saucepan, stirring, and simmer gently for 10 min.
Then add the paste to the milk in a larger pot, heat and add the other ingredients.
Heat everything until the paste and coconut oil have dissolved - it doesn't have to boil.
Stir every now and then while drinking so that the spices stay nicely distributed.